1. PDT (This is also known as Please Don't Tell) It is a little hard to find but so worth the visit- if you can get in.....It's a hidden bar in the East Village in which the only way to get to the actual bar is through a hot dog restaurant called Crif Dogs. In the restaurant is a telephone booth and you have to enter the bar through this booth by picking up the phone. It's best to make a reservation, but they only take reservations the day of starting at 3pm so call fast. This sexy, seductive scene serves unique cocktails and is voted one of the coolest bars in the world by the Travel Channel.
2. Employees Only. If you are planning on going out in the West Village, this speakeasy bar is a great choice. This has a bit of an older 20's crowd but it is equally as fun as PDT. It has a fireplace, a candle-lit atmosphere and make some serious cocktails.
3. PLUNGE. Any friend that I ever have in town, I always take to this sweet hotspot. It’s located in the Meatpacking District on the top of the Gansevoort Hotel. You can get a spot outside along the edge or near the roof top pool and whether you want a view of the city or the Hudson River, you can have it all! They also offer food if you are hungry.
4. Cibar. All my single ladies!! If you like martini's, this bar is known for having the best martini's in NYC from Citysearch.com. It’s located in Union Square and they offer unique martinis with girly names like "The Pink Lady" and "Beauty School Dropout." They also have a great happy hour martini special weekly, offer $10 sangria and a red and white wine for $8 for those of you who don’t fancy the concocted cocktails.
5. The Waverly Inn. If you want to see some celebs, then this is one of the first places to start. The tavern is located also in the West Village, owned by the Editor of Vanity Fair, and you should expect to see paparazzi because they always lurk outside. Whether you want to stargaze or not though, they also serve delicious comfort food.