Sunday, December 5, 2010

STEAK MY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's be honest- who doesn't love a good cut of steak?? Not only is it delicious and hearty, it puts burgers to shame and is what i say- chicken's high end cousin! I'm just being honest....If you really want to upgrade, get the surf and turf and you will really be eating like a king!



There are so many great steakhouses all over the big cities but I have narrowed my favorites down after careful thought and consideration, flavor of the steak, overall experience in the restaurant including service(making sure they especially don't give you a white napkin when you are wearing black-BAD IDEA!).

Let's start with my main city- New York City. If you cannot find a good steakhouse here, well I can't help ya if you don't read this blog, but if you do- trust me on this- there are tons! I, personally, like filet mignon as my juicy steak of choice but there are many other cuts you may enjoy as well. I chose the restaurants not only by the food but make my selections by the trendiness of the restaurant- can't eat a steak surrounded just by old men(no offense)!!

1.     Del Frisco's
This restaurant not only is elegant and quaint but it serves a great steak. Located near Rockefeller Center in the heart of midtown and nearby Times Square, this two-floor restaurant knows how to keep its customers happy. For the men(or women- me!!) out there that love a good cigar, this restaurant also has a cigar room for you to enjoy a good smoke before or after dinner. Their menu is a-la-carte and more on the pricey end, but it is so worth the visit!



2.     The Capitale Grille
This restaurant is another top choice of mine for many reasons. For one, they pride themselves on their dry-aged steaks in which they cook to perfection. They also offer a wine selection of 5,000+ wines and serve the best lobster mac and cheese, for those of you who have never had this dish- IT'S DOUBLE DELISH! Don't be discouraged if you don;t see it on the menu- they have it even if it is not listed! Another favorite here for the cocktail socialites is the infamous- Stoli Doli, which is made purely from infused pineapples and straight vodka. Be careful with these- they will sneak up on you and most restaurants won't serve you more than 3! Bottoms up! They recently opened a third establishment in the city so now if you want to dine here, they have one near the Time Life building in midtown, 42nd and 2nd ave near the Chrysler Center and also near Wall Street. ENJOY!!



3.   Quality Meats
This restaurant is a little newer than the other two I have suggested but is getting a lot of buzz and a very trendy steakhouse. They have a great menu that offers not only high quality steaks but other seafood and meat dishes as well. The rustic decor sets the scene for an extra exceptional dining experience and overall wonderful time. This restaurant is part of the Fourth Wall Restaurants that is comprised of quite a few other high end restaurants including their flagship restaurant; Maloney & Porcelli.



4. Churrascaria Tribeca
I tip my hat to this restaurant that I recently had the pleasure of dining at that not only is it delicious, but such a fun place to go. Whether it's with a group of people, a work function, or a date, I give this restaurant TWO huge thumbs up!! It is not the typical "steakhouse" but I am the one writing this blog and I say that this qualifies 100%.  Ever been to a restaurant that.....wait for it......wait for it......doesn't stop serving you until you say stop? It is a Brazilian Steakhouse set in the heart of Tribeca near the Tribeca Grand Hotel. Upon arrival, they give each person a circular tab that when it is on your table and is green- it pretty much means GO and all different waiters start serving you all different kinds of pieces of steak, duck, chicken, ribs and pork. This restaurant is a price-fixed menu with continuous table side service until you tell them you can no longer eat anymore(this is done by flipping the tab over to the red side) and no matter if you come for lunch or dinner, save your appetite because you will need it to eat here! I still cannot pronounce this yummy restaurant but does it really matter?




5. Porter House New York
This is one of the most expensive steakhouses in NYC but if you want a real treat don't shop for a week or something and spend your money here! I would suggest going all out and getting the Surf and Turf here but if you are not a big fan of lobster then just settle for one of their "perfectly prepared and succulent" steaks. This Zagat-rated restaurant is located in the Time Warner Center with a gorgeous view of Central Park. It is definitely on the list for high quality and fine dining. Grab a drink by their bar while you wait for a table and make sure you make a reservation here because this places fills up!



There are quite a few other restaurants I did not list but deserve honorable mentions so if you are not satisfied with any of the restaurants above, check these ones out:

BLT STEAK
Benjamin's
Prime House

Wait.....I am not done...

We didn't talk about CHICAGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This windy city may not have as many steakhouses as NYC but oh do they have some DELISH spots to check out! Plus, this is my home town and I couldn't dare to leave them out!

1. Chicago Cut
This restaurant is brand spanken new and one of the hottest steakhouses in the city. With managing partner, David Flom(a personal friend) in charge, take it from me- you will have the ultimate dining experience here! This restaurant was featured and given an honorable mention from Oprah during one of her shows and described the restaurant as "PHENOM" so if you don't trust me' trust her as it is a MUST-TRY!!!





2. Rosebud Steakhouse
Another delish spot that has attracted big name celebs and businessmen alike to this quaint steakhouse near The Water Tower on Michigan Avenue. They serve a wide selection of flavorful steaks as well as other delectable dishes. There are locations all over the city and suburbs and they have been serving customers for 30+ years and continuing.



3. Wildfire
This restaurant may not be a 5 star restaurant but it is one of my favorites by the service and menu here. They have a location in the city as well as in Oak brook and I have been very pleased every time. One of my favorite steak dishes they serve is the filet medallion trio in which they give you three small pieces of filet with three different flavorful toppings so you can get the ultimate trial of three different flavored steaks.




Other honorable mentions:

Gibson's
Joe's Seafood and Steak
Smith and Wollensky Steakhouse

If you cannot tell by now, I am a big fan of a great cut of steak any day. I highly suggest you try one of these spots and I promise- I won't let ya down. I may be blonde but I am no gal that purely enjoys the idea of eating a salad as the main course. I wouldn't dare do such a thing nor subject myself to eating at a restaurant and leaving still full.....Questions-just ask and ENJOY!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment